STEEPEDGE ADVENTURE SPORTS FILM WEBSITE
LAUNCHES SUMMER 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - long version
New to the web www.steepedge.comis a mountain and adventure sports film site that showcases the world’s best outdoor films. We feature a diverse range, including extraordinary premieres, memorable classics and rare archive footage.
Marvel as climbers make the last gasp moves on El Cap or as skiers carve deep Alaskan powder. Feel the adrenaline rush of a challenging BASE jump or experience the wonder of a Buddhist festival in Nepal.
Purchase these films worldwide, to download or stream, to own or rent and then watch on your MAC or PC, TV, or mobile device.
www.SteepEdge.com has been created by Brian Hall and John Porter, the founding directors of the Kendal Mountain Film Festival which over 30 years grew to be one of the world’s top festivals. After each festival they received huge demand from both attendees and the press, who wanted to know where they could access the Festival’s featured films.
Sir Chris Bonington commented “ I greatly welcome the birth of SteepEdge and am very proud to be involved. Films form a very important role in recording our mountain heritage, quite apart from providing brilliant entertainment and useful research. On a personal level it is great to have high quality copies available of Annapurna South Face, Everest the Hard Way and Bonington’s Secret Mountain which in their different ways provided important markers in climbing filming”.
Hall explained the launch “Within three years we aim to have hundreds of films available, from the earliest silent films to those in state of the art High Definition. So many of the best mountain films remain unseen, stored on hard drives and tapes, shelved in archive or they are broadcast once then lost. This is not due to a lack of interest but because there has been no economical way to distribute them until now.”
SteepEdge.com is a virtual film festival, which will change the way that films are accessed and watched in the future. Two years in development, this community website features high quality mountain films which cover a vast range of subjects including climbing, mountaineering, trekking, adventure travel, mountain environment & culture, Polar exploration, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, kayaking, paragliding and BASE jumping.
The site also provides a platform for filmmakers, climbers and adventure sports athletes to achieve recognition and success. By providing this opportunity to showcase their work, SteepEdge aims to stimulate and encourage the production of new films.
Editor’s notes and further details.
www.steepedge.com offers to the worldwide audience:
- A one-stop website where you can purchase mountain and adventure sports films.
- Convenient with simple delivery which reducing time spent browsing the web.
- Immediate access, without high street shopping or waiting for shipping of DVDs.
- There are100+ films available and more being added each month. Choose from a series of shorts to three hour epics, all competitively priced.
- Pay securely with your credit / debit card or PayPal in UK£, US$ or €uros
- Option to own by download or stream.
- Option to rent for three days by streaming.
- Adaptive streaming that automatically gives the best quality for all Internet speed
- A community website with news, blogs and information on mountain genre films.
- Compatible with MAC and PC.
- Home viewing on computer or TV or on the move with mobile devices such as iPhone, Android and iPads
- Online newsletters with special offers. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Watch us on YouTube and Vimeo Channels.
- Unique historic archive footage and the latest HD releases.
- Free content available sponsored by outdoor companies.
- Easily downloaded HD without the need for expensive Blu-ray discs.
For further information contact email@example.com